Tips for Parents: What to do about Bullying
1. Encourage your child to report bullying incidents to you.
2. Ask your child how she/he has tried to stop bullying.
3. Coach your child in possible alternatives.
4. Treat your school as your ally.
5. Encourage your child to seek help and to report bullying incidents to someone she/he feels safe with at the school.
6. Use school personnel and other parents as resources in finding positive ways to encourage respectful behaviors at school.
7. Encourage your child to continue to talk with you about all bullying incidents.
For further information contact:
Ms. Patricia Aviña, Counselor at 273-3971